Thursday, June 25, 2009

Celebrities Comment on the Death of Michael Jackson


Celebrities close to Michael Jackson or have worked with him are shocked over his death.

Madonna's Statement:
"I can't stop crying over the sad news...I have always admired Michael Jackson. The world has lost one of the greats, but his music will live on forever! My heart goes out to his three children and other members of his family. God bless."

Lisa Marie Presley's Statement:
"I am so very sad and confused with every emotion possible. I am heartbroken for his children, who I know were everything to him, and for his family. This is such a massive loss on so many levels, words fail me."

Lisa Marie Presley was briefly married to Jackson in the mid-1990s.

Brooke Shield's Statement:
"My heart is overcome with sadness for the devastating loss of my true friend Michael," ..."He was an extraordinary friend, artist and contributor to the world. I join his family and his fans in celebrating his incredible life and mourning his untimely passing."

Brooke Shields was involved with Michael Jackson in the early 1980's.

Elizabeth Taylor's Statement:
Closest friend Elizabeth Taylor was "too devastated" to issue a statement, her rep says.

Quincy Jones Statement:
"I am absolutely devastated at this tragic and unexpected news. For Michael to be taken away from us so suddenly at such a young age, I just don't have the words."

Jones produced Jackson's biggest hits on Thriller.

Dick Clark's Statement:
“Of all the thousands of entertainers I have worked with, Michael was the most outstanding,”... “Many have tried and will try to copy him, but his talent will never be matched. He was truly one of a kind.”

Celine Dion's Statement:
"Michael Jackson was not only an extremely talented person, he was unique," ... "He was a genius."..."I was very privileged to work with the same record company as him. And I did have the privilege of meeting with him a long, long time ago."

Dion said on Larry King Tonight that Jackson seemed "so fragile" when he had seen one of her concerts in the past and then visited her in her dressing room. Dion says that Jackson's death reminds her of other momentous deaths, such as the demise of Elvis Presley or former U.S. president John F. Kennedy.

==========================

Michael Jackson will be missed. More will be posted here as they come in.

0 comments: