Monday, September 14, 2009

Kanye West Upstages Taylor Swift

Last night on the 2009 MTV Video Music Awards in New York City, Kanye West literally upstaged Taylor Swift's moment for winning 'Female Video of the Year'. Just when Swift was going to give her acceptance speech, West went up on stage and took the mic from her hands and protested to MTV and all of America that Beyonce's video 'Single Ladies' should have won for that category. After Kanye's rant, Swift just stood on stage speechless and very uncomfortable, the crowd then began booing West and then stood up and gave Swift a standing ovation to try and cheer her up. West, shortly after was asked to leave the awards show in which he did.

Later in the evening Beyonce won MTV's 2009 Video of the Year and instead of giving an acceptance speech she invited Taylor Swift on stage to properly have her moment. The crowd then broke out in applause.

“They told me to stand by the side of the stage,” Swift said. “I didn’t really know what was going to go down, but I thought it was so wonderful and gracious of her to do what she’s always done.” “I thought that I couldn’t love Beyonce more and then tonight happened.”

West later apologized on his blog to Swift, her fans and her mother. Quotes from his blog are below.

"I'm sorry to my fans if I let you guys down . . . I'm sorry to my friends at MTV . . . I will apologize to Taylor." "I really feel bad for Taylor and I am sincerely sorry."

"I'M SOOOOO SORRY TO TAYLOR SWIFT AND HER FANS AND HER MOM. I SPOKE TO HER MOTHER RIGHT AFTER AND SHE SAID THE SAME THING MY MOTHER WOULD'VE SAID. SHE IS VERY TALENTED!"

West was seen earlier drinking Hennessy on the read carpet.

You just got to see the video below.

Kanye grabs Taylor Swift's mic from her hands

Beyonce wins Video of the Year and calls Taylor Swift on Stage...

0 comments: