Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Demi Lovato Say's Bye-Bye to Sonny With A Chance...


Demi Lovato issued a surprising statement this week that she will not be returning to her hit show "Sonny With a Chance" on the Disney Channel and Family Channel.

“I don't think going back to Sonny would be healthy for my recovery,” said Lovato, 18, to People magazine, "being in front of a camera would make me nervous."

Lovato's statement comes nearly a week after she announced she was diagnosed with bipolar disorder.

"I never found out until I went into treatment that I was bipolar," Lovato told People magazine. "Looking back it makes sense. There were times when I was so manic, I was writing seven songs in one night and I'd be up until 5:30 in the morning." She added that she has "battled depression from a very young age."

Recently, Lovato has been open about her issues with eating disorders and self-mutilation. "I feel like I am in control now where my whole life I wasn't in control," she said of her life post-treatment.

But don't worry Demi Lovato fans, she is not totally disappearing, she will instead focus on her music career full time.  So you can definitely still see her on TV and listen to her on the radio.  In fact you can see her doing Public Service Announcements and hitting the talk show circuit.  Lovato's other goal besides her music, is to connect with others who might be dealing with the issues she struggles with. "What's important for me now," she said, "is to help others."

So how is Disney responding to Lovato's sudden news..  "We respect Demi's decision to focus fulltime on her music and not immediately return to her acting career. She is a talented young woman and our hearts are with her as she continues to take action to improve her health and bounce back from adversity."

You can catch Demi Lovato's first TV appearance since being released from treatment this Thursday on "Good Morning America" and  Friday on "20/20."  She will discuss what she has been going through this past year, her treatment, her family and friends intervention, and why it is important to talk about her condition."  The real reason why I'm sitting down with you is to open up the eyes of so many young girls, that it doesn't have to be this way," she said in the chat with Robin Roberts.

Watch a clip of the Good Morning Interview with Robin Roberts below...

Preview of Demi Lovato Interview with Robin Roberts on
GMA which airs Thursday

0 comments: