Wednesday, September 16, 2009

An Emotional Whoopi Remembers Patrick Swayze on "The View"

Tuesday on the View, an emotional Whoopi Goldberg and Barbra Walters made an tribute to Patrick Swayze.

"This was a well-fought battle. Patrick fought like the dickens to survive it, or to get through it. He never thought of himself as someone who was dying," Goldberg said. She continued, "He worked, he did his show, he just was a cat that never gave up, I would like to be able to be that. I would like to have that bravery." Goldberg then showed a video clip of "Ghost" in which she co-starred with Swayze. She then said, "I've said it before and I'll say it again: Because of Patrick Swayze, I got that movie, `Ghost,'" she said. "Because of Patrick Swayze, I have an Oscar."

Watch the video below.


0 comments: